I don’t know about you guys but I have noticed that drugstore makeup has changed a lot.
Specifically I have noticed a HUGE change in the last 1.5-2 years. Products that were once only made by high end companies are now made by Revlon, L’oreal, and Maybelline. I think its pretty amazing to see contour kits, makeup setting spray, and HD setting powder in my local drugstore. A few years ago you didn’t get th0se kind of products without paying at least 35$ if not more.
I am SO very glad that people can now afford to use amazing makeup products instead of longingly wishing they too could contour or get the brows of their dreams but being unable to afford to go to Sephora.
Everyone should be able to feel beautiful and have fun with makeup if they so desire.
As promised here is part two of Beauty on a Budget (part one can be found here)!
Today I will be sharing my favorite bb creams, foundations, powders, and LOTS of lip products (so many that half way through I was like “Genevieve REALLY!?!?”)
1. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Skin Perfector– This really could be considered more of a tinted moisturizer than a bb cream as it doesn’t have the silky texture that comes with most BB creams. That being said, it is great for a busy day where you want to even out your complexion and get some moisture and SPF protection as well. I like to wear it with a little powder through my t-zone on days where I just want a tiny bit of makeup. *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
2. L’oreal Studio Secrets Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream– One of the top BB creams on the market, this product gives you light coverage as well as hydration. Anyone with dry or dehydrated skin will find this product a gem. *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
3. NYX Cosmetics BB Cream-A new favorite of mine. NYX Cosmetics never lets me down! *Can be found at CVS, Target, Amazon, and ULTA.
4. Maybelline Fit Me Matte +Poreless Foundation– This is the foundation for you if you have normal to oily skin and want a matte finish. They also have a version for drier skin too *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
5. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation-Those who struggle with dehydration or dry skin, this is the foundation for you! Its great for building to covergae you want and gives the skin a beautiful dewy finish. *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
6. Revlon Color Stay-If you are looking for an affordable foundation that is going to give you full coverage, look no further! It is best applied with a beauty blender so that it doesnt come across too heavy (make sure your blender is DAMP). It has a matte finish which is great for those who deal with oilier skin and is oil-free. *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
1. L’oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder-These powders come in TONS of shades (companies that don’t acknowledge the vast amount of skin tones make me ANGRY). They are perfect for just dusting your t-zone, all over, or using it without foundation for a light amount of coverage. *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Target, and Walmart.
2. Rimmel London Stay Pressed Powder-Great for getting your t-zone looking matte and smooth. Definitely a great product to keep in your purse for the afternoons at work when you start to get that “5 0’clock shine”! *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Target, and Walmart.
3. NYX Cosmetics Studio Finishing Powder Transulcent Finish-This is a great powder to finish your look off with. As it is a loose powder, be sure to tap your brush a few times before applying to make sure you dont pack too much on and end up looking ghostly. *Can be found at CVS, Target, Amazon, and ULTA.
4. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation– If you are looking to control shine, THIS is the powder for you. You can wear it over your foundation or all on its own. *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Target, and Walmart.
5. e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition powder– Another fantastic HD powder. If you struggle with creasing under your eyes, use this powder to “cook” after you apply your underage concealer. *can be found at CVS, Target, Amazon, and Walmart
1. NYX Cosmetics HD Blush-I really love these blushes. They come in a lot of beautiful shades and have great color pay off. Rose Gold and Intuition are beautiful!! *Can be found at CVS, Target, Amazon, and ULTA.
2. Milani Baked Blush-These blushes really remind me of MAC Mineralize Skinfinish blushes. All of the Milani blushes have “veins” of other correlating colors (for instance Rose D’oro has gold running through it so you get a really beautiful golden pink when you use apply it) Tons of shimmer! *Can be found at CVS, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
3. Neutrogena Natural Radiance Bronzer-I heard about this bronzer from Temptalia (yet another AWESOME makeup blog) This bronzer will give a reaally natural beautiful bronzed look without any shimmer. Perfect for when you want to just have slight sunkissed look. *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
4. L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Blush-Looking for a beautiful matte blendable blush? Check these bad boys out! Innocent Flush is so so so pretty! *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Target, and Walmart.
5. NYX Cosmetics Matte Bronzer– This is a GREAT matte bronzer. I have some in my kit and one for myself. Sometimes you just want to be bronze without shimmer and THIS bronzer is perfect for those days. Im REALLY pale and Light looks great on me without looking fake or orangey. *Can be found at CVS, Target, Amazon, and ULTA.
6. Makeup Revolution Blush Palette– DUDE you are in for a treat with these! For 10 dollars you get EIGHT beautiful blushes! EIGHT! Well technically 4 are blushes are 4 are highlighters but the highlighters are pinkish so they are basically almost blush 😉 *Can be found at ULTA and Amazon
1. NYX Cosmetics Strobe of Genius– I got this for my best friend for her birthday and she l-l-l-loves it. The powder is so velvety and blends like a DREAM! For those who don’t know about strobing go here. *Can be found at CVS, Target, Amazon, and ULTA.
2. Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette– I had never heard of this company until I was at ULTA browsing NYX (obviously) and turned around and saw Makeup Revolution right in front of me. Their prices first of all cannot be beat. This palette is beautiful and perfect for someone who is just starting to contour and/or strobe. Its VERY pigmented so apply lightly and build up! *Can be found at ULTA and Amazon
3. Hard Candy Contour kit– So I often forget about Hard Candy since I don’t go to Walmart. This kit has gotten a lot of great reviews online so I had to check it out. Its a creme kit but don’t let that scare you! With the right tools, you can contour your face super easily. *Can be found at Walmart.
4. Catrice Prime & Fine Professional Contouring Palette– I have literally never heard of this brand but Ulta so very kindly introduced me to it when I was researching contour kits for this very article. I wish they would rename it a strobing kit since the highlighter is SUPER shimmery and more appropriate for strobing but that’s ok. Its a great little kit and the bronzer/contour powder is a perfect cool toned brown (instead of being orangey which is the WRONG kind of bronzer for contouring). Ashy Radiance is perfect if you are pale as me! *Can be found at ULTA
5. e.l.f. Cosmetics Baked Highlighter– This highlighter reminds me of the HUGELY popular Becca Highlighters in terms of shimmer and payoff. These guys are BEAUTIFUL! Check out Moonlight Pearl…its LOVELY and perfect for accentuating your cheekbones!*can be found at CVS, Target, Amazon, and Walmart
1. Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain– These little stains pack a serious punch and really last. I have both Romantic and Rendevous and love how vibrant they still are after hours of wear. Sometimes I like to wear one under a lipstick that doesn’t have a lot of longevity so I get A LOT of color and staying power combined. *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
2.Rimmel Provocalips Lip Stain– Fantastic colors and fantastic staying power. Just be sure to apply and then let it “set”. I really like Dare to Pink, its a really sweet light pink. *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
3. NYX Cosmetics Butter Gloss– These glosses are so lovely. They are “heavier” than a regular gloss in terms of coverage and are shimmer/glitter free. They are super creamy and the colors are fantastic. Tiramisu is the PERFECT nude gloss with just a hint of pink.*Can be found at CVS, Target, Amazon, and ULTA.
4. Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lip Color– This lipcolor means BUSINESS. It is super similiar to MAC ProLongWear Lip Color in that it truly stays ALL DAY and will need to be removed with oil at the end of the day. When you first apply the lip color, wait for it to dry (stretch your lips when applying so it covers every inch) and then once dry apply the gloss on the other wise. Nonstop Cherry is a beautiful cherry red color that is fun and bright, perfect for a date night! *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
5. Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color-Soooo many beautiful vibrant colors! I was immediately drawn to to how bright many of the colors are and was amazed at how saturated they are for a lip gloss. Vision in Violet is an AMAZING bright purple gloss. LOOOOVE! *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
6. NYX Cosmetics Mega Shine Lip Gloss-These have become my favorite lip glosses since I discovered them a few years ago. They come in a beautiful array of colors (some with subtle shimmer and some without), smell yummy, and arent sticky! I use Smokey Look on so many of my brides when they want a peachy nude gloss to finish their look. Plush Red and Beige are also really fantastic colors. *Can be found at CVS, Target, Amazon, and ULTA.
1. Wet N’ Wild Color Icon Lipliner -The 712 is the perfect nude lip liner and best of all it is usually under 2.00$! *Can be found at all drugstores, Target, Amazon, and Walmart.
2. NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencil– These liners are really soft and blend very easily. Nice variety of colors as well. Plush Red is the perfect color to go under your favorite red lipstick. *Can be found at CVS, Target, Amazon, and ULTA.
3. Revlon ColorStay Lip Liner– This liner is great and does it’s job..staying in place and keeping your lipstick looking poppin’! I have the “Red” color and it keeps my pin up girl red lips looking gorgeous. It also works great as a SUPER matte lipstick. *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
4. Rimmel London Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Stay On Lip Liner– You can’t beat the price or the beautiful color choices. Rimmel is often overlooked in the cosmetics world and it really does have great lip and eye liners!! I love the colors Wild Clover and Tiramisu.
5. e.l.f. Cosmetics Lip Liner & Blending Brush-This is such a great idea! I love having the brush at one end to blend in my liner! Very handy. The liner itself is very creamy and they have a small but nice selection of colors.
1. NYX Cosmetics Round Case Lipstick-I love these lipsticks, they are all creme lipsticks so you get a fabulous shine with your look and come in so many awesome shades. I feel they are right on par with MAC lipsticks in terms of quality but much cheaper. Some of my favorites are Haute Melon, Black Cherry, and Shiva. (creme/frost/pearl) *Can be found at CVS, Target, Amazon, and ULTA.
2. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color– This is a new product that is flying off the shelves. Talk about vivid colors! I will say that they do not dry into a TRUE matte but are half way into a matte and a creme finish. Forever is a BEAUTIFUL nude shade. (semi-matte) *Can be found at all drugstores, ULTA, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
3. Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipstick– I wanted to include these for those who love a more matte lipstick which is my FAVORITE kind of lip right now. They TRULY last a good 6-8 hours and come in a lot of pretty shades. Dollhouse Pink is a great vibrant pink for days you want to make a statement! (matte) *Can be found at all drugstores, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
4. NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick– Oh man I love these lipsticks SO MUCH. The colors are GORGEOUS. Kitten Heels is a beautiful TRUE red, wear it and feel like a pinup girl. I am also SUPER in love with Sway, a neon lilac and Oh Put It On, (matte) *ONLY at Ulta
5. Maybelline Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds Lip Color– How much time do you have to talk about these!? Seriously I cannot get over a brand like Maybelline carrying black, grey, and navy blue Lipstick. So RAD! I love these lipsticks, they are creamy and the color choices are amazing. I am super in love with Violet Vixen, a very bright purple! PS.Don’t get the black…its TERRIBLE and WAY too opaque for a black lipstick (creme)
6. Milani Cosmetics Amore Matte Lip Creme-These are the TRUEST matte product out of all of the ones I have listed. Milani is always under rated for how quality their products often are. I am super digging Sugar which is a true oxblood red, absolutely gorgeous. Crush is also super pretty, its a beautiful tawny brown. (matte) *Can be found at CVS, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
I hope this helped people find some new wonderful yet inexpensive products!
What are YOUR favorite drug store makeup products?